A Walk in The Park



 Linking with My Corner of the World

     My Corner of the World

and

 Our World Tuesday Graphic

The weather was much better today so we put on our parkas and had a nice walk around a local park, not far from home, and one we haven't really spent any time walking around as it is adjacent to the main road  which we drive on to get to the large shopping complex a few kilometres from our house. We usually just pass it on our way to or from the shops.  We have only been to this large shopping centre a few times since our self isolating so thought we would stop and have a good look at what the park is like other than from the driver's seat in the car.



It was good to see that our local Council is replanting some new shrubs and trees as some of the older ones have either died or become a bit straggly,


The lovely golden wattle was in flower and there were quite a few different types.  Some have a weeping style and bushy, some are small trees.






For some of the walk we were on a bitumen track which was divided for cycling and walking on the left.  

There weren't many other flowers in the park as it is winter but I did find a few pretty flowers.  This one above had the flowers all facing downwards so I had to get the camera underneath to get this view.


I am glad we weren't on the track when this huge tree came down!  It looked as though it had been growing in the creek bed and probably came down in the last storm.



The park has a lot of huge gum trees, so there will probably be more coming down if we have another storm.  The local Council workers keep an eye on the trees and have cut a lot of dangerous branches off many of the trees so hopefully it will be safe for us.







It was good to get out in the fresh air, and to discover another nice park with a creek and some flowers.  We will have to come back again in Spring and see what flowers are open then.

Comments

Arun Goyal said…
Those logs are stunning.It would be my pleasure if you share about gardens and plants at my Gardening blog here http://jaipurgardening.blogspot.com/2020/08/garden-affair-home-grown-veggie.html
Thank you for taking us walking with you.
That is a huge tree which came down, I am v glad that no people or houses were in its path.
I do love to see golden wattle in bloom. Ours are starting as well.
What a lovely walk you led us on! Thanks for stopping by TravelnWrite today. . .your visit led me here!
Thanks for the "walk"!! Thoroughly enjoyed :-)
Margaret D said…
Lovely park, and I do love wattle, notice some out in flower on the hill on the way into the city this morning.
Often we have lovely things to see close to home that we don't always look at.
I'm glad you did and shared - thanks.
Rita said…
I appreciate traveling with you. Beautiful flowers! :)
VENTANA DE FOTO said…
Ese paseo por el bosque descubre las bellezas que hay en él.

Me ha llamado mucho la atención la dimensión del tronco del árbol que cayó.

Saludos desde España
Pauline said…
Oh, yes, please do go back in a few weeks although nothing could beat those glorious wattles. I love that first photo of the waterhole, it makes me long for home.
Rosie said…
Thanks for your comments and pleased that you liked my blog.
Rosie said…
EC, the trees in the park are huge. I think they are being looked after by the Council to make sure they are safe.
Rosie said…
Thanks for your comments and hope you enjoy my blog.
Rosie said…
Peggy, glad you enjoyed walking in our park.
Rosie said…
Masrgaret, there's not much in flower here at the moment, but the wattle is beautiful. I am finding it difficult to find new places to visit but close to home is good.
Rosie said…
Rita, thanks for visiting.
Rosie said…
Pauline, hopefully Spring is not too far away, as I have had enough of Winter.
Tanza Erlambang said…
yellow flowers are beautiful.....great shots
So many colorful flowers and during winter! That tree was quite large - it could provide alot of lumber. My son does woodworking. When I see nice trees, I think about that much more than I did before he started.
Rosie said…
Cheri, that large tree would have been about 6 ft diameter, really huge and a lot of wood in it. I'm not sure what the Council do with it, but possibly mulch it and provide it to the ratepayers as free mulch for our gardens. My husband does woodworking too and said he would have liked some of it for his woodturning. We ae always looking for nice timber for his hobby.
Yvonne said…
Enjoyed your walk in the park through photographs. Glad you had a good time.
Angie said…
Visiting you from My Corner of the World - lovely pictures of the wattle!
Joan Elizabeth said…
A walk in the park is perfect in these troubled times. I am seeing similar native flowers coming out in my part of the world too.
Veronica Lee said…
I enjoyed this lovely walk with you! Love the photos!
betty-NZ said…
You found some awesome colors on your walk. That is a HUGE tree, I wonder how old it was.

It's great to see you at 'My Corner of the World' this week!! Thanks for being here. A link back would be great :)
Gillena Cox said…
Your gorgeous photos are a happy start to.my day
My linky is back. Feel free to link up if you visit
Have a safe and happy Monday

Much⚘love

Popular posts from this blog

Around Home

Sunday Selections