Mosaic Monday




10th June 2019



We have a public holiday here today for the Queen's birthday, although it's not her actual birthday which is in April, we get the holiday in June.  We had no plans for today and wanted to have a day out but every idea we came up with just didn't seem to be right.  We couldn't make up our minds and we both felt like going out but our aches and pains were giving us signs that we would not be wanting to walk too far, so after a light lunch at home, we took off in the car and headed towards the beach.  The beach seems to be a good place to start so we took our  classic old Jag out for a  drive.  Our first stop was for ice cream at a nice little cafe with seating on the beachfront and it was perfect, the sun was even shining and the wind that was forecast had not eventuated.

After enjoying the sunshine we drove around the dock area of Port Adelaide and took a few photos of our car for our Jag Club calendar.  We then drove to the Dolphin Sanctuary at the Barker Inlet, an area we haven't been to before.  We were surprised to see so many people there, some having picnics and others fishing and canoeing.  We were feeling a bit more energetic so walked along the boardwalk hoping to see some dolphins but they obviously had something better to do.

Barker Inlet boardwalk in the Dolphin Sanctuary

The Dolphin Sanctuary

The Port River
The classic Jag

Port River, Adelaide

Port River, Adelaide

For Sale $1

Mural at Birkenhead
Tug Boat on the river


The boardwalk



The Dolphin Sanctuary








Comments

eileeninmd said…
Hello, looks like you picked a lovely place to visit that day. The water views are beautiful. I like the boardwalk and lighthouse. Wishing you a happy day and a great new week!
What a nice long boardwalk! And I love ships...the tugboat is my fav though! Beautiful photos for Mosaic Monday!
Angie said…
Rosie - I often find getting outside makes me feel better, even if I was reluctant at first. You packed a lot into an afternoon, and I am pleased that you included a picture or two of your Jag. It is the one car I would buy if I thought I ever wanted another (fun) car! But mine would be the classic racing green. Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday!
Rosie said…
Thanks Angie, yes I agree that the British Racing Green is a great Jag colour. We used to have a Regency Red Jag but then changed to this gold one as our friend was selling and it was a good buy but probably not our colour of choice, but we enjoy many drives in it and it hasn't broken down yet!!
Rosie said…
Thanks for your comment. It was good weather for the boardwalk, no wind and nice and sunny.
Rosie said…
Thanks for your comment. We did enjoy our day out and it was good to find somewhere in our home town where we had not visited before.
Margaret D said…
Lovely collection of photos Rosie.
Seems you had a good day for the Queens Birthday.
We stayed at home most of the day.
Tom said…
...Rosie, beautiful blue a lighthouse and a Jag, life is good!
Such lovely photos, my holiday Monday was just like every other Monday more or less
diane b said…
I would love to walk along that board walk. You did a lot in your afternoon outing.
Pauline said…
Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm with Diane, I'd love that board walk, especially when it's near the mangroves. Love mangroves, they fascinate me.

Popular posts from this blog

Around Home

Sunday Selections