Wednesday 20 January 2016

Thursday 21st January

Not much has been happening around here - it is just too hot to be doing much at all.  Today is 35C again and very humid.  It is difficult to get a good night's sleep, and keeping up with house work and watering the garden is about all I am managing to do.  Now that I mention the garden - my tomatoes are looking very sad, I think they have the dreaded Russet Mite so I have sprayed them but I think they are not going to produce much at all.  I am really disappointed as they were looking so healthy last week but I think this last bout of very hot weather has been too much for them.  I have decided that I am not going to plant tomatoes next season as over the last few years, but not every year, the results have been pitiful despite the watering and fertilising, not to mention the time I spend talking to them!  I think I will plant flowers as I am sure they will give me more satisfaction.



Adelaide sunset last night



The lovely sunset last night was beautiful and makes you feel happy despite the heat.




Despite the hot weather this beautiful grevillea is looking good

My Evelyn rose has managed to produce a few lovely blooms.


No comments:

Featured post

Around The Coorong

  InLinkz  for WATER H20 THURSDAY The Coorong Narrung, South Australia Beachport, Sth Aus Robe,Sth Aus Narrung Point Malcolm Ligthouse, Narr...