Tuesday 29 August 2023

I .... INNESTON, South Australia


Inneston Lake

Dhilba 
Guuranda-Innes National Park preserves part of the largest portion of remnant natural vegetation on the Yorke Peninsula.




Inneston saltwater Lake




IInneston is now a ghost town in the heart of the Innes National Park on the Yorke Peninsula in South Australia.  It was once a thriving mining town in he early 1900's. The historic walk starts just inside the gate at the car park and is approximately 4 km return.  It is a very interesting walk exploring the ruins along the way.

I



Some of the buildings have been restored and are available for holiday rentals.

We based ourselves at Marion Bay and did day trips to the various towns and sites on the Yorke Peninsula.  The beautiful coast is very rugged and the beaches are beautiful.
















I will post some more photos of the beautiful beaches in the peninsula under "Y" when I get that far in the alphabet.  It's harder than I thought finding places we have been to, I haven't always taken many photos.  Well, it gives me something to keep my mind occupied and I am enjoying going through the photos so I hope you are enjoying them too.

3 comments:

Rita said...

Interesting all those buildings left like a ghost town. Looks like you were being observed, though--lol! Beautiful peaceful beaches. :)

Rosie said...

Thanks Rita,yes it was lovely there and the beaches are amazing, and the younger ones like to surf on them as they have good waves.

Joan Elizabeth said...

You are doing well. I don't think I could get a whole alphabet of places with photographs. This one is a place I have not been and looks very interesting.

Featured post

Around The Coorong

  InLinkz  for WATER H20 THURSDAY The Coorong Narrung, South Australia Beachport, Sth Aus Robe,Sth Aus Narrung Point Malcolm Ligthouse, Narr...