Sun, Surf and Sea

 We recently did a trip in our caravan to Victoria & NSW from our home in Adelaide.

It's been a while since we have been out and about and so I have not been blogging.  I hope you enjoy some photos of our adventures, we had a great time away and even went to some new places in our beautiful country.

On the road again


Overnight at Balranald, New South Wales

Our next stop was at Donald, Victoria


The lovely town of Donald in Victoria was beautiful and the caravan park was set on the edge of Lake Buloke so we  enjoyed some lovely views.  Donald was settled by a pastoralist from Scotland named William Donald in 1844.


We then moved on to Avoca, another very pretty town in the central highlands of Victoria.  The silo art in the town was of a barking owl, an endangered species.

Silo Art at Avoca


Our next stop was at Lake Boga, in the north west region of Victoria.


Lake Boga sunset


We had a nice day and evening at Lake Boga, and had not been here before so it was lovely to camp there and we had good views of the lake which was very relaxing.


Port Campbell near the caravan park

We then headed to the Great Ocean Road and had a night at  Port Campbell.  We wanted to stay longer but the caravan park was fully booked so we made the most of the time we had there.  It is a beautiful part of the coast line.






The scenery was amazing and the weather was a bit chilly but we were prepared for the cold and luckily it didn't rain too much so we were able to do a few walks to the various viewpoints.  The only problem was trying to get a park at some of the attractions as there were a lot of people travelling this part of the Great Ocean Road but it was good to see everyone out enjoying the natural beauty of the GOR.




The tunnel leading to the viewing area









A great town to spend a few days in

We even had Green drinks on St Patricks Day
 in Koroit




















Thanks for reading my blog and hope you enjoy the photos.  I am hoping to do a bit more blogging and get on the road a bit more before we get too old!!




Comments

Rosie said…
I hope you are still following my blog. If so, I would love to receive a comment and hope you enjoy reading about our trips away. It is sometimes difficult to find time and enthusiasm to write so I hope you will comment to give me some encouragement. Wishing all my blogging followers a happy and healthy week.
DUTA said…
I've greatly enjoyed your travel pictures: the towns of Donald, Avoca, Koroit; the lake of Bogo, The ports Campbell and Fairy; the people on the road viewing the amazing scenery.
Green drinks on St. Patrick's Day - how nice!
Pam said…
Looks like a great trip. I shall never go to Australia - too far, too long a flight - but enjoy learning about it.
Rosie said…
Duta, thanks for your comment and happy that you enjoyed my photos. It was good to get away in the caravan and enjoy the towns and scenery.

Pam, yes it was a greaat trip and I can understand not wanting to travel so far as we feel the same about going overseas as it is such a long trip in a plane. Happy you are enjoying my photos.
Joan Elizabeth said…
Loved your trip and lovely to see places I have visited in the past. Sadly I think our caravanning days might be over. Hubby is not up to driving much now and I am too scared to tow the van.

Popular posts from this blog

Around Home

Sunday Selections