Sunday 5 May 2019

Mosaic Monday #26



Summer and Spring Flowers




There are not many summer or autumn flowers in my garden at the moment so here are some I took during Summer and Spring.

Summer Flowers in my garden
Only one of these flowers is in my garden, but I love the bright colours of the flowering gum and the Blackberry is considered a weed and most people poison them but if you are lucky you can still find them growing on the side of the road and we used to go "blackberrying" in summer but they are hard to find now and it is often too hot in summer to pick them and sometimes too difficult to get to them.

And more garden flowers
The apricot rose is called Evelyn and was a gift for my 40th birthday so I have had it for 30 years...eek I am getting old!  The lilac came from my parents' garden and I would have had it for 40 years, as well as the apricot iris which came from my parents' garden.  The wattle is another long term resident but they now come up self-sown so not sure of its age and we have several of them now.  The Grevillea has been in our garden for probably around 7 years too.   Having flowers in my garden is a great pleasure and also good memories. It makes me realise that I liketo be in one place for a long time!  We have been married for 50 years and we have live in the same house for 50 years.  It sounds like I don't like change, but we love travelling and have visited many countries as well as travelling extensively in Australia, but I do always love to come home.








13 comments:

Margaret D said...

Wonderful photos of your flowers.
Congratulations on being married for 50 years, it’s a very long time and we are just a few years more.
Like you we love to travel Australia but there is no place like your own home..

riitta k said...

Oh that grevillea is fabulous! We can buy it as cut flower at the florists. I like it too that my plants have history. Every time looking at them, they remind of the person who donated them <3 Wishing sunny week.

Rosie said...

Thanks for your comment, it's lovely to hear from you.

Rosie said...

Ritta, the grevillea is a great Australian plant that grows very well here but I haven't had much success with it as a cut flower. Perhaps the florists do something with the flowers to keep them as cut flowers.

Michelle said...

So many lovely flowers! I’m not sure that I’ve ever seen an apricot iris. Thanks for sharing!

Angie said...

Rosie - we have lived so many places that I have rarely been able to observe plants and trees for as long a time as you have! What a blessing to look upon a garden and remember how it was 50 years ago! This is what I dream of with our "new" house - we are planting now for the future, and since this is the last house we plan to have, I look forward to watching the garden evolve. I love the rose and the lilac - so pretty! Congratulations on your 50th, and thanks for sharing with everyone at Mosaic Monday!

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Such lovely photos

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Such beautiful flower mosaics! Evelyn --the rose --is gorgeous! I love it's apricot color. I am on the far side of 60 and feel like the last decades have flown by.

Life Images by Jill said...

my roses have had another blush of full colour, my oranges are ripening, and I am loving the touches of colour in our bushland. Have a great week and thank you for stopping by my blog last week.

Lorrie said...

Wonderful flowers growing in your garden, some of which I recognize and others I do not. Roses and lilacs grow here. Those invasive Himalayan blackberries are a pest around here, crowding roadsides and invading gardens if left unattended. But the fruit they produce is good and we pick buckets full in late summer for jam or cobblers.

Sharon Wagner said...

Beautiful blooms. And great mosaics. Thanks for visiting my blog!

Lowcarb team member said...

I did enjoy seeing all of these lovely flowers.

All the best Jan

CountryMum said...

Such a wonderful collection of Spring blooms. Beautiful !!

Featured post

Around The Coorong

  InLinkz  for WATER H20 THURSDAY The Coorong Narrung, South Australia Beachport, Sth Aus Robe,Sth Aus Narrung Point Malcolm Ligthouse, Narr...