Saturday 23 December 2017

Christmas Dowunder in the Adelaide Hills

We've had the grandchildren for a couple of days and had a great time in the countryside picking cherries and then driving them back home to Mannum on the River Murray.

Here are a few photos of our day out, but I didn't take any of the cherry picking as we were too busy picking and eating!  We had  great morning on the cherry farm and picked 5.5 kg, probably too many but they won't be wasted.  I have made some jam which will be given away as gifts and tomorrow I will make some sauce as well as some Danish pastries and the rest will be eaten.  The cherries were lovely and juicy and I don't think I will ever be able to eat too many, and apparently they are supposed to be of benefit for arthritis so I hope I feel better soon.





View of the cherry farm property

The lovely property, the cherry orchard is over the hill




This old shed had a Willys Overland Whippet Four


Interesting car display

Cows grazing peacefully

The girls loved the bear and tree


 
 
Out to lunch in the Jags
 
 
Lunch with friends
 

 

No comments:

Featured post

Around The Coorong

  InLinkz  for WATER H20 THURSDAY The Coorong Narrung, South Australia Beachport, Sth Aus Robe,Sth Aus Narrung Point Malcolm Ligthouse, Narr...